Saturday, August 2, 2008

Shopping Cart toy...Thanks Aunt Kris!!

So, as previously mentioned in the fashionista strikes again blog we went to Toys R Us to pick up A's present. This is the shopping cart Kris wanted/picked out: Sadly, it was out, but luckily, there was another one on sale in a different brand, so that's what we bought. This is what it is supposed to look like assembled:
Now, I mentioned in the other blog about the fact that I could not get the dang thing together and we were going to have to wait for Wes to get home to do it. This is not what happened. This is Armour trying to do it himself:
He is relentless and has a very solid one track mind, so nobody in the house could get anything else done until this was done. So, I sat down and finally figured it out. It literally took me like 2 hours (I was trying to deal with other things during that time as well). Solace, being the great, obsessed photographer that she is made sure to document the work and the progress throughout. Here are just a few of the 50 or so pictures:
(Note A in this one impatiently awaiting another time to use the hammer. Don't worry, he was not actually allowed to use the hammer, just to hold it until mom needed it.)


AH...finished!!! You challenged me toy, but in the end victory is mine!!
Armour LOVES it and has been playing with it nonstop!
(Well, not non-stop-he has taken a couple breaks to play on the bunk bed and to dance to the birthday card his grandparents sent him.) "Look mom, food for the cart!"
And the attempts to ride begin already...

Thank you aunt Kris-we love this toy and are having a blast with it!!

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

Armour looks particularly happy about Solace wanting to ride in the cart... I love that he was trying to put it together himself.

Andrea Griggs said...

That looks like fun-I love that he was trying to build it himself.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Beckee! I'm so glad you conquered the challenge of putting it together. I just remembered Armour and that picture with all the donuts--now he can put alot more donuts in the cart. He's such a cute kid, he'll help his Mommee too I am sure.

Swidget 1.0 2