Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Fashionista Strikes Again...

That darn Kindle is such a fashionista, and a bit of a compulsive shopper! And that darn mommy cannot help but go along when the fashion is such a cute thing and a deal...



That being said, I will say that my Aunt gave us some money to go pick up a certain shopping basket toy for Armour for his birthday. We finally got the chance to go get it today now that sickness has passed by our home and moved on to some other unsuspecting suburban family! (Pictures of the toy are forthcoming as we need to assemble it and I am evidently incapable of doing so. Wes will have to figure it out when he gets home...)



Back to my story though...So, today has been a weird day. We tried to go to the cheap kids movie only to be told it was sold out (come on-we were 25 minutes early-that is ridiculous!!) So we decided to run over to the bank where I was getting cash out for a bunk bed that I am buying today. Why do I need cash you ask? Because I got it off Craigs list and got a GREAT deal!! More on that later-after we go pick it up tonight! (As a side note, I have never before used Craigs list, but heard great things and now I think I am a fan and a believer!!!)



Anyway, the kids and I go to the bank, do what we need to do there, and go over to the zoo since the movie did not work out. At the zoo I was only embarrassed a couple time by comments that Ender made that are not blog appropriate, but that he did not understand the um...innuendo associated with...(If you are dying of curiosity to know what he said, send me an email or call me and I will let you know, or if you don't have either my email or my phone number, leave me a comment and I will get back to you). Also at the zoo, my baby was fascinated by the shark tank. I did not have my camera though and took a pic on my cell instead. I am currently waiting for my phone to get service so I can get the pic off it...it will be up shortly no doubt...



So, that went fairly well, then I went to Toys R US. (Finally the point of the pictures comes out!) So I go into the danger zone fully prepared for the barrage of "mom please can I have (fill in blank with any toy in sight) it is only (fill in whatever clearance price it is)." I am ready to say no, not just to the audible pleas from my older children, but to the inner child that wants to buy all the great deal toys as well (man that inner child is LOUD at a Toy R Us clearance sale!!). I was doing well, really, really well, until I saw the infant shoes clearance rack, and they had a pair of baby camo soft shoes (so they aren't bad for growing baby feet that don't walk, and I would guess they are more comfy too).


Guys, she was wearing her exact matching pink camo onesie-it was a sign I tell you!! Needless to say, I gave into the longing I could see in my newborn fashionista's eyes, (and into the small child inside that wished she had that outfit with matching shoes as an infant,) and I bought the shoes (originally marked $18, but on sale for $6). Here she is wearing her perfectly matched outfit and shoes:


Don't let the inner Shatner that is trying to escape fool you-she loves these shoes! She was just very hungry in these pictures!
Note mom's knee in the corner-also wearing camo today...who do we think we are today? Eli?!
Note that the inner Shatner never quite makes it in pictures as she LOVES the camera and settles down the second she notices it-no joke! As soon as she saw the camera she started to calm down immediately...
Well, if you made it this far and actually read it all-thank you for being a friend (that was also my humble nod to our dearly departed Estelle Getty of Golden Girls-seriously how sad is a world without Sophia?)

3 comments:

Andrea Griggs said...

You crack me up! We need to buy a bunk bed too. . . maybe I'll go check out craigs list. . . .

Christensen family said...

I love it! You have such cute kids. It is great to read up on all of the happenings! We flew into Missouri, so possibly we flew over you! But yes, we were sooo close!

Stefanie said...

I also love craig's list, and good luck with the bunk bed.

Swidget 1.0 2