Thursday, July 10, 2008

Follow up to Chubby, Out of Shape, ambitious...

First, if you have not yet read my blog "Chubby, Out of Shape, Ambitious," click here and read it before you read this blog post any further!




OK-have you read that blog now? If not, seriously, read it now before you continue down....




Seriously....



OK, now that you've read that, here is my follow-up...

This afternoon I drove to the grocery store to get some sale items, and as I got to the point in the walk where I gave up and turned around, where I thought it was just too far and too hard, I realized, it wasn't too far at all. In fact, had I walked another 2 blocks, I would have been there...that's right 2 blocks. Oh boy...Nicely done...

Yeah, I am a real winner sometimes!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh man! That's a great story! First, I think you earned super mom points just for attempting to go on that long of a walk by yourself with the kids!

Also, the nerd that I am always has to find some way to relate this to real life. How often do we almost reach our goals, but give up before we get to the end. How many times have we been so close and missed reaching it by a couple blocks! This post gave me a stronger determination to just push until I reach my goals!

Andrea Griggs said...

That's funny!

Heidi said...

Way to go, spazo! Actually I'm impressed you made it that far. I say kudos to you!

Swidget 1.0 2