Monday, July 7, 2008

Fourth of July Festivities!

As I mentioned, my parents were in town for the weekend, so for the Fourth of July, we did one of the great tourist attractions of our city and went to the Trail Center. They let the kids dress up as pioneers for the whole tour to keep them more actively involved. The kids loved that!

After the trail center, we went home and had a BBQ on Wes's new grill! He's like a real grown up man now-grill and all! It was all very manly...and tasty. And to clarify, I actually mean the food was tasty, I was not making any sort of innuendo...

In the evening, we walked over to the lake and watched fireworks. They are illegal in the city by the way, but never in my life have I seen so many illegal fireworks going off all over!!! We wished we had taken a video of around the lake, but we didn't. I will say though-I might go crazy with the neighbors across the street over the next 4 years if they have drunken, insane parties like they had that night! They were all drunk off their butts and throwing fireworks all over-at each other, at our house...everywhere! I was worried for the safety of my kids and my property.

That aside, it was all in all a great day with a lot of fun and we were glad we could share it with our family visiting us! Here are a few pics of our festivities:

At the Trail Center
Armour Spence

Ender
Solace
Solace & Ender
All 4 big kids (I was nursing K at this moment...)
At home
The kid pool and slide getting refilled...
Wes grilling! Check out all that meat-we are total carnivores here!

My dad got us all patriotic shirts. Here is K in hers (with my mom).
K
At the Lake
The sunset at the Lake-and one of two pics we took. Why only 2 pics? We just were too busy enjoying it to think about the camera anymore!
E in the stroller, on the Lake Walk
We had a great Fourth and hope you did too!

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

Armour is just the cutest! I would make a "looks tasty" comment here... but that's my brother, and neither of us are in Arkansas so I will refrain.

Stefanie said...

Also, I am sorry that you were concerned about your kids/property, but I just love that you have a drunken neighbor story.

Andrea Griggs said...

That's a really good picture of Spencer!

Swidget 1.0 2