Thursday, July 24, 2008

So, this is what my meal plans say for this week:

Monday July 21: Chicken Pillows with veggies and/or salad
Tuesday July 22: BBQ Bacon-wrapped Pork chops
Wednesday July 23: BBQ marinated chicken with pasta side
Thursday July 24: Chicken Stir Fry with rice
Friday July 25: Grilled Salmon with rice pilaf & Greek salad

This is what actually happened:

Monday July 21: BBQ Salmon, Green Salad, Bread, Veggies (Friday's plan)
Tuesday July 22: Chicken Pillows, veggies, salad
Wednesday July 23: Leftover night!

And here is my plan for what is to come:

Thursday July 24: BBQ Bacon Wrapped Pork
Friday July 25: Chicken Stir Fry
Saturday July 26: Dinner at Radiology Welcome thing, Lunch out for Army's B-day!
Sunday July 27: Dinner at Wes's co-worker's house (still pending) If not that, BBQ Chicken & Pasta
Monday July 28: Lasagna or Jeremy's Parmesan Chicken (Bringing Dinner to someone that had a baby, so I'll make double this dinner)
Tuesday July 29: Pork Adobo
Wednesday July 30: Tacos
Thursday July 31: Spaghetti or pasta
Friday August 1: Leftovers?!

Frankly, that's as far ahead as I can think at the moment...

Oh, and as for recipes from the past few days...

BBQ Salmon

Take Salmon and put in center of a piece of foil (you'll be "tenting" the salmon) Then we covered it with the leftover Apricot/ Teriyaki sauce from the other day. Lightly sealed the foil, and grilled it on our BBQ until it was done (about 15 minutes I think). It was AWESOME!!!

Chicken Pillows

2 cups diced, cooked chicken
8 ozs cream cheese, softened
1-2 onions, chopped
2-4 celery stalks, chopped
1 can mushrooms
2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls
melted butter
seasoned bread crumbs
Gravy

Saute onion, celery, and mushrooms in olive oil. Add to a bowl where you have already mixed the softened cream cheese and chicken. Mix the vegetables in. Drop by teaspoonfuls into the center of each roll. Close up the roll and pinch the edges closed. Roll in melted butter, then roll in seasoned bread crumbs. Put on baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 17-20 minutes. Serve with gravy. (see gravy recipe below)

Chicken Pillow Gravy

1/4 C flour
1/2 square butter
salt
pepper
2 C milk
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 can cream or anything soup (I used cream of mushroom)
Bit of extra milk-play it by ear...

Melt butter on sauce pan. Add flour, mix to paste. Add salt, pepper, milk, & Bouillon cube. Mix/stir until white sauce is thickened, then add the can of soup and a bit more milk. Yummy!

That's it for now...enjoy!

3 comments:

Andrea Griggs said...

Sounds yummy! I can't wait to hear how it all went! So far this week, I've actually stuck to the menu-wow, I'm impressed too! ;)

Woodbury Fam said...

Good for you for planning ahead. Even if it doesn't work out. My greatest planning efforts never work out. Oh well, that's life!

The Mercer Family said...

Sounds yummy...you are more organized than I am! I need to take lessons. I usded to plan meals for a month...then hit the last HALF of my pregnancy and gave up cause I was too lazy! hehe We'll see after teh baby's born if I feel up to the task again! hehe

Swidget 1.0 2