Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Armour Cake?!

So, my kids' birthday's are all about the cool cake that mom (that's me) makes (or attempts to make). To see the cakes I have made in the past, check out this post. So, this year Armour has been saying he wants a "joj" (Curious George) party. I went on pbsparent.org and found this perfect cake recipe that I plan to use (mostly-I would adjust a few things...): I showed this cake picture to Armour and he looked at it, looked at me (looking very confused I might add), looked at the cake, looked at me, looked at the cake, looked at me...this continued for a while...then he finally said, "Dat not Armour Cake! Dat Joj!" And I said, "Yes, Armour, that is a George cake like you wanted for your birthday." He said "No, not Joj birday, Armour, birday!" And I said, "Yes it is Armour's birthday, but you said you wanted a George cake, so I thought you might like this one." "No no mommy!! My cake look like Armour! I want Armour cake and Joj and man yeyyo hat come to pardy" I said, "What?!" And Solace and Ender proceeded to explain over each other that Armour wants a cake that looks like him and that he wanted to invite Curious George and the Man with the Yellow hat to the party. I ask Armour, "Hey Army, do you want a George cake like this," (I again show him the George cake pictured above, and at this point I am really trying to sell it!) "Or, do you want a cake that looks like Armour?" He very emphatically states that he wants to get a cake that looks like him. I start to show him different cakes he might like (that are easy and already designed) on PBS parents and on Nick Jr and on Playhouse Disney. He refuses them all. We look at a slide show of all the pictures on our computer. Following are the 4 pictures he kept picking out as what he wanted his cake to look like:





So, yeah...he appears to be a bit self-obsessed at the moment and he knows what he wants, and it appears to be an Armour cake...hmmmmm...we'll see about this...

4 comments:

Andrea Griggs said...

That's hilarious-I can't wait to see the Armour cake! :)

Laura said...

That's too cute! What a little challenge you'll have with the cake. Be sure to post a pic of it!

The Mercer Family said...

LOL how funny. Man if you attempt this... you are a superwoman! hehe

Melanie said...

That's quite possible one of the funniest and cutest armour stories I've ever heard! That'll be quite a cake!

Swidget 1.0 2