Sunday, July 20, 2008

A day of rest?!

Holy Cow! Today in church I taught Relief Society and I gave the closing prayer in Sacrament Meeting AND Solace gave a talk in primary. I was teaching when she gave her talk, so I missed it, but Wes helped her with it. Wes said he didn't help much though cause she read the talk herself (yes she reads that well now)!! She did awesome from what I hear. The words were on the back of the pictures, but the end part was jut written out and she read it without showing a picture. Here is her talk: (I will write what was written on the back of each picture underneath it)

Because I know we are all children of God, I will share the gospel.
President David O McKay said "Every Member a Missionary." Sometimes it is hard to share the gospel, but I know it is very important that we do.
This is my great Xiaxia. She is Greek and was raised in the Greek Orthodox church. When she was in college, one of her friends who was being a very good member missionary, asked her to read the Book of Mormon with her. After they read together my great Xiaxia joined the church.
This is my great Grandma-GG. She was also a convert to the church. She had many different members talk to her about the church. They were all being missionaries. It took her a long time to join the church and when she did it was because of the great members that were missionaries to her.

Because my great Xiaxia and my GG joined the church, all the people in our family have been raised as members of the church. We have been greatly blessed as a family by GG and great Xiaxia's friends that shared the gospel.
President Eyring said that to share the gospel, we should "pray for the chance to encounter people who sense there could be something better in their lives. Pray to know what you should do to help them. Your prayers will be answered."

I know this is true. And because I want to share the gospel, I will pray to find people that don=t know about the gospel, but are ready to know about it. I hope we can all Pray for the chance to share the gospel.

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

What a wonderful talk! Good job Solace!

Swidget 1.0 2