Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Got Frosting?

OK-in the middle of my food update, I asked if anyone had any frosting recipes. Nobody answered (which quite frankly made me sad, and it made me think, dang I miss Cathy-she made great frosting. She would totally have a recipe for me-it was all very sad).

So, I am assuming that nobody commented on that for one of the following reasons:

1-You have no good frosting recipes
2-Your frosting recipe is SO good that it is top secret.
3-You did not read that whole long blog, and so were unaware of my request.

Well now, I think I have resolves issue 3-you now know my request. If your reason is #1, just send any frosting recipe you have even if you don't think it's the best-I am willing to experiment with really any option. And if your reason is #2, well then all I have to say to you is, come on, I'm your buddy, your pal...please share...please...

Remember-you can comment without a sign in, so I have made it easy to send! :)

4 comments:

Andrea Griggs said...

I did not send you a frosting recipe because I have not found one that I like yet-it's just easier (and better, if you ask me) to buy the frosting in a can. . . . . good luck!

Rochelle said...

OK, beckee, the best frosting recipes contain butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar. Maybe a little milk if the butter and cream cheese were not soft enough. Quantities? 1 square butter, 1 cube cream cheese, "enough" powdered sugar (if you use too much powdered sugar, that's also when the milk comes in.....)

Mom

P.S. I usually store-buy as well...

Andrea Griggs said...

Okay-I have used the recipe Mom gave you, and it's okay, but I can't ever make it right, so that's why I say just go buy it. :) I'm sure it's good when Mom makes it (and I know it was always good when Cathy made it-I'm pretty sure that's the recipe she used), but I can't do it right. Let us know how it turns out if you make it. Good luck!

Andrea Griggs said...

Okay, here's another recipe you can try, if you want to. . . . I've never made it, but it looked like it would be good:

WHITE OR COLORED FROSTING

1 lb Powder Sugar ( it is 4 & 2/3 Cups + 1 tsp)
1/2 C real butter or real margarine (don't use tub
or stick " that says 60%)
1/2 C Shortening (Crisco)
2 T Milk (for softer consistency, add 1/2 tsp)
1 tsp vanilla
Optional - add 1/4 tsp butter extract and
a pinch of salt
__________________________________________
CHOCOLATE FROSTING

1. Add 1/2 cup powdered baking cocoa)
OR
2. 3 oz MELTED Bittersweet Chocolate

For a darker color, add Brown Paste Color.

Directions:
Start to mix slow l y, add color, increase speed,
scraping bowl often.
Mix untill powdered.sugar is completely mixed in.
__________________________________________
For several colors, mix first and then divide for
colors.

For pure white frosting (wedding) don't use any butter or margarine, use 1 cup shortening and use
c l e a r vanilla extract.

Can store 2 weeks, in air-tight container, or freeze.

Experiment away!

Swidget 1.0 2