Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mommy School update

Though on my blog it may look as though I have lost track of mommy school, it is not true. I am just staying busy with it (and everything else). I do not think I am going to be able to put up the daily lesson plans, but I will just give a general overviews of the weeks...(well, the ones I haven't already blogged about)...
A was airplanes
B was baseball
C was caterpillar
D was dinosaur (we did a TON of stuff this week!! We learned about all kinds of dinosaurs and even went to the Children's Museum and saw the Dino exhibit and learned more. I will post pics of that "field trip." We learned about all kinds of different things with Dino themed worksheets-math, coloring, drawing, science, history, even a bit of geography as we talked about where each Dino was found. It was an awesome week)
E was for Ender (We did an "All about me" themed week. We made books all about ourselves, we did our favorite things and made our favorite foods. We had a blast!!)
F was for fish (...sort of...I was going to do something else, but we wanted to get a fish as a field trip for f week. so we did f fir fish, but this week we really focused on a bunch of different f words and did worksheets and fun, and other learning inspired by a variety of f-inspired words.) BTW, I know my readers and I know many of you just thought of naughty words-or at least one-we avoided that completely-this is mommy school people! :)
G is for Growing (We are learning about growing. We bought some tulip and daffodil bulbs that we are going to plant today or tomorrow, we are talking about their growth. We are also talking this week about kids growing up healthily-so we will talk about health and taking care of our bodies so we can grow up happy, healthy and well. We also focused on other g words yesterday such as grandparents and we went to the zoo and visited the "g" animals-goats, giraffes...)

We are loving mommy school and learning a lot-sorry to keep you out of the loop!

4 comments:

Andrea Griggs said...

What? No festive background. I like E for Ender week, very cute!

Stefanie said...

May I suggest H is for Halloween?

Melanie said...

I think I'm gonna do mommy school, too, when I have kids!

Sarah Coyne said...

You are so cute!

Swidget 1.0 2