Monday, October 27, 2008

Star of the Week!

Last week Solace was the Star of the Week in her class. She had to make a poster about herself, bring a different favorite thing to class each day, and carry around their class giraffe all week (then bring back a poster and pics of her adventures with him on Friday). It was basically the same project as she did with the monkey last year with Mrs Lafferty. Here are a few of the things she said about herself, and a few of the pics she used (with why she used them). I wish the camera was working because then I would post a pic of the poster because she wrote the whole thing by herself!!! She also colored the whole thing alone. She is getting to read and write REALLY well (she is actually going to be doing her reading group with the first grade class 2 times a week). Anyway-here are some things from our Star of the Week:





"This is a picture of me" (She used the following pic as well as a baby pic and a pic of her at 3-yr-old)

Fascinating Fact about me: "When I grow up I would like to be a Singer"


"I show others I care by Helping them with what they need" (She used the following picture to show that-see how she is "helping" her brother withwhat he needs?!)



"I am a star because I play with my brothers and sister." (She used the following pic, and the pic after that was her backup one that wouldn't fit ont he poster.)



Three super cool facts about me are:
"I am the oldest of 4 kids with cool names" (Used the next pic)
"I have lived in 3 states" (She used the next pic but colored in the 3 states)
"I keep my own journal." (Used this pic of her journal)

Here is another super-cool fact she wanted to use, but it did not fit. "I have an uncle that is only 11-yr-old, and he is closer to my age than to any of his sisters' ages." (see next pic of Spence)
Here are a few of my Favorite things!
Color: pink
Animal: lion
Food: eggs
Book: Falling for Repunzel by Leah Wilcox
Sport: soccer and basketball
Thing to do in school: go to centers
Thing to do at home: play with my brothers

1 comment:

Andrea Griggs said...

I love the picture she chose for helping her brother! :)

Swidget 1.0 2