Thursday, September 6, 2007

Solace's journey into that big wide world...

Well, I sent off Solace to preschool yesterday. They have a "slow start" day to begin where half the class comes at a time, and they can bring a parent if they want to. It is also 2 hours instead of 3. That was yesterday. It went well. Today was Solace's first day at preschool without me. I got teary when I read the poem her teacher gave the parents about how she knows we love them and that she will love and watch over them as well. Solace of course loves it and is grumpy when she has to leave school already. Ender starts his slow start day tomorrow!! Following are some pictures from her first day of school. And her version of her first day (from here on out, I am writing exactly what she tells me to write):

For breakfast my mom made me these smiley face pancakes. They were so good that I want my mom to make them again. Mom used the fruit we picked to make the faces.
This is me with my pancakes, making a face like them.
This is Ender and Stefanie grumpy cause they don't get to go to preschool today. They have smiley pancakes too.
I changed my pancakes into a Bleakley (from Lilo and Stitch) and a surprise face. I know you think that's silly, but I really wanted you to see it.
This is me in my new back to school outfit. I am almost excited.I hope I meet lots of kids.This is me sitting in front of my school (it's at my school).I am so excited I cannot stand any more pictures! I want to meet all the people!This is their welcome sign. Doesn't it look beautiful welcoming me to school?This is me working on my first project. That's my teacher helping another kid next to me.
Mommy came with me and I took a picture of her at recess.

This is me with my teacher.
Yesterday and today I had fun. I will love it everyday. I did tons of stuff. My teacher read a heart book and it was so good. Guess what it told us? It told us that your family is in your heart when you miss them. Of course that is what it said. I love you family. I made a heart and a mask and a little doll that looks like me. My teacher is great. Tell me, what do you think it would be like if mom was always there?

Today, we learned about how your teacher sleeps in school and about how you find out your teacher sleeps in school. I think my teacher does sleep in school because I saw a bed next to the bookshelf and I think she lives there. I think she must not have a husband, but she has a son.Her son caught a toad and the toad is one of our classes pets now. He hops all over my teachers food when we let him out.

My favorite part of school is making all the crafts. There is a boy in school that I know in a different class cause he is in my church, and there is a boy in my class that has a dad that works with my dad as a resident. I made a friend named Suzie. She is a kid, like me. She is not my teacher. We have lots of play dough in my class. It is all yellow.

I love school and I hope you love my blog about it. Goodbye!
Love, Solace!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Solace had a lot of fun!

Mel

Andrea Griggs said...

That is SO CUTE!

Solace-I'm so glad you liked your first day of preschool! Jaxon also gets sad when I pick him up from school! That's good, school is a fun place to be! I'm glad you are making friends and having fun!

Beckee-Wow, your big preschooler has gone off into the great big world! Way to go, that first day is tough! I bet you got a lot done though!

Ender-Good luck at your first day of preschool tomorrow! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Armour-Enjoy your Mommy time alone! Be good for Mommy and give her lots of hugs and kisses!

Stefanie said...

I was sad that I didn't get to go to Preschool!
Thank you Solace for noticing.
On a side note, I must have been really tired, I would have never pulled that face for a picture!

Swidget 1.0 2