Thursday, September 6, 2007

Adventures in the Valley with Stefanie

On Tuesday, Stefanie, the kids and I went to a playgroup for our ward. I thought maybe they could give us some new ideas of things to do while Stef was here. I am still pretty new and had taken her to all the places I could think of to take her. We went to Riverfront park, Nine Mile Falls, Bowl and Pitcher, Manito Park, Pig out in the Park (at Riverfront), Lake Coeur D'Alene, and went on an orchard adventure in green bluffs. We drove past Solace and Ender's school, Wes's work, and stopped at the Thai place I have been craving horribly. When I asked the ladies (and one dad) what else to do, they had nothin. They said we had pretty much covered the gamut.

I did want to take her to an AWESOME game store in the mall (Uncle's) still. So that is where we headed. Uncles was awesome and possibly the highlight of Stef's trip!

As we were already out in the Valley, I thought, "hey maybe we should go try to see the temple." I didn't even know where it was, so I used my mobile internet (aka called my mom and had her look it up) and found out where it was and how to get there from where we were. And off we went on our adventure.

Now, I have to say, I was warned that this was a small temple, but so is the Winter Quarters temple in Omaha. Well, I felt really bad about this, and it might sound horrible to admit to now, but when I saw the temple I think I laughed out loud. This temple really is TINY. I think the church next door is a lot bigger in fact. It kind-of struck me funny cause it looked like a doll-sized temple when we first saw it. I am not demeaning the temple-it is beautiful! But is it stunningly small. The pictures do not do it justice, but I still wanted to include some pictures of the beautiful (and small) temple. It is really cute!



2 comments:

Lindsey said...

That is tiny! But it looks very beautiful!

Andrea Griggs said...

It does look small. . . I'm so smart, I didn't even know there was a temple in Spokane, don't tell anyone! ;)!

Swidget 1.0 2