Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Trendsetter?! AKA-Kindle's stolen name...

OK, so I was trying to check and see if you could easily find my blog in a blog search just now (I check once in a while to make sure it is not easy. If it is too easy, I will go private). Anyway, in my search, I tried searching for Kindle Catherine and found a blog that someone in Spokane had written about the names announced in the births in Spokane recently, and she wrote

"Trends in the making?: Sydney Lynn, Sydney Rose, Kindle Catherine, Kindyl Mayson

An older classic and a new version of Kendall that plays on the trend toward verb names – I could see these going places. Or just weird that two kids in Spokane would be named Kindle/Kindyl in the same week "

So, evidently someone else in Spokane named their kid Kindle (Kindyl) the same dang week we named our Kindle. So, I looked up that kids birth info on the newspaper website, and found she was born at the other hospital in town 4 days after Kindle was born, and all I can say is...they totally stole our name!!! Granted they changed the spelling, but what the...

Why can't the unique names we slave over coming up with just stay unique?! Why must people steal them and make them common? I will be so pissed if Kindle ends up on the top 1000 this year...

2 comments:

I am Laura said...

sorry to give you more bad news, but do you know about amazon.coms newest product. Did you guess? Yeah it is named kindle. Just go to amazon.com and it is always the first thing they show me. it is their new reading devise. Kindof like a ipod, but more book stuff. Thought of you today when I saw it again.

Andrea Griggs said...

I'm sorry someone used your unique name. . . at least it's spelled differently! I don't think it's going to be a top 1000 name this year even if someone else in Spokane used it.

Swidget 1.0 2