Sunday, September 25, 2011

Solace's Disney World Adventure!

On our vacation we went to the 4 main amusement parks and Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World. The amusement parks are Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and Epcot (Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow). My favorite park was Magic Kingdom. I will tell you my favorite ride at each park.

My favorite ride at Disney's Magic Kingdom was Space Mountain by far. I liked Space Mountain because it went really fast and it actually looked like you were in space! Even before you got onto the ride vehicles.

My favorite ride at Hollywood Studios was Twilight Tower of Terror. I liked it because it had a really scary setting but my favorite part was the drops. I also liked that I got to go with only my brothers Armour and Ender-no adults! It was an itty bitty scary but I reminded myself it was only mechanics.

My favorite ride at Animal Kingdom was Expedition Everest, and not just because it is named after my brother! :) I liked it because you went up the mountain then you saw the tracks were broken up and there were footprints in the snow. Before that when you were waiting to go in, you saw all this yeti merchandise. So, it got you all scared. Then the train takes you backwards into the mountains really, REALLY fast. And you see a shadow of the yeti breaking up the tracks. Then once he sees you, you go really fast, but you don't go the same way! You go straight out of the mountain toward the yeti. And here is the funny part-they take a picture when you pass the yeti and the yeti always looks like he is lashing out at my head (even when I sit in a different spot!)

My favorite thing at Epcot wasn't actually a ride-it was an adventure, a Kim Possible adventure. We took our KIMunicators on 3 different missions in Epcot. The first mission was in the UK and we did 2 KIMunicators so we could race to the finish, boys against girls. It was really fun AND the girls won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We did 2 other missions together as a family, in China and in France. (I am looking at the KIMunicator in the picture above.)

My favorite ride at Epcot was Test Track! Test Track makes you the test dummy! So you go through different car tests in a test car. The tests are break tests, climate tests including hot and cold, uphill tests, a bump test, a barrier test and a speed test. When you get to the barrier test, you think you are going to bonk into a brick wall because they show other cars that have hit a wall on either side. Right when you are about to hit the wall...wait...I'm not going to ruin it for you! But you will survive!



We went to Downtown Disney a couple nights. On Mom's birthday we ate at Benihana. I liked their food and their hats! It was cool that they cooked on the table. After the dinner we walked over to Downtown DIsney where we shopped for my new earrings! They are Mickey Mouse birth stone earrings and I LOVE them!

One of the other things I really liked on our trip was going to Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios with Mom and Ender. It was AWESOME! Mickey saved the day and it shows a lot of the Disney characters!

Another favorite thing was out hotel. I liked it because every night at the pool there was a different movie on a big screen. Since we stayed at All Star Music Resort we had a guitar pool. There were actually 2 pool-the guitar pool and a piano pool-but we only went to the closest one which was the guitar pool. In the middle, where the whole would be on a real guitar, the pool had a small island with 3 people on it (one was Donald Duck). They all 3 squirted water on people. Around the island it is 5 feet deep, but I swam all the way there from the outside edge of the pool. That is how good a swimmer I am now.

One last thing I want to tell you about is how good the food was. I especially liked the Pinocchio restaurant in the Magic Kingdom. I really liked the food there and the setting. It peers out onto it's a Small World after all. I took the picture above in it's a Small World.

Overall, I LOVED Disney World. There is a lot more I could talk about but that is all I have to say for now. If you get a chance to go to Disney World, GO.


I Love Disney World!!!!

Solace
(Mom note-all word are Solace's-I just typed to make it faster. Also, all pictures were chosen by her!)

1 comment:

Andrea Griggs said...

Sounds like a fun trip, Solace!

Swidget 1.0 2