Sunday, December 14, 2008

Feeling the Love: All 12 Days of Christmas!

Well, I have done the 12 Days of Christmas for people almost every year in the past, but have never had it done for me. Well, welcome to the world of my new amazing ward (Or at least I think it is a family in our ward-I have a couple suspicions).

On December 1st we found this "partridge in a pear tree" on our porch...(It is pears) On December 2nd Some Elves left this...
"Two Turtle Doves"
(2 Dove soaps)

On December 3rd our "Three French Hens" were 3 French Breads...
(Extra Awesome as we ran out of bread minutes before they were left!)
On December 4th we were left "4 calling birds"
(One for each kid-note Ender claiming his...)

And today, December 5th we got "5 golden rings" of bagel goodness! Mmmmm...
(And it stopped me from going to get lunch!)
On December 6th, our "Sx gees a layin" left us some eggs.
(Which we cooked, making Solace's day as it is her favorite food)On December 7th we got my favorite "Seven swans a swimming" was 7 Swanson products! LOVE IT!!! (We had some awesome, creative Elves)On December 8, the "Eight Maids a Milking" are yummy milk maid candies.
I had forgotten these existed, and I LOVE them-I hope Santa brings more in my stocking!On December 9, Our "Nine Ladies Dancing" were dancing right on some homemade peanut butter cookies!!
On December 10 our "Ten Lords a Leapin" were 10 leaping frogs on some yummy cupcakes!!
On December 11, our Elves provided our "Eleven Pipers Piping" with some instruments.
And finally, on December 12, our wonderful Elves left us the best "Twelve Drummers Drumming ever...Drumsticks... The 12th day came with this note from the Elf family...this told me that the family I thought was our elves was NOT, but I also think I know who it was...
How blessed and loved do we feel? Very!

Thank you Elves-I have had a hard time feeling the Christmas spirit this year. I have sick kids, I am not going to see my family, I don't know how we can afford to decorate and get all the food and trimmings (Thank goodness the gift shopping is over thinks to Black Friday), and I have been grumpy every time I hear Christmas music. I usually LOVE that. I am grateful for the Elves that have reminded me that though we are far from home and from family, we are loved and not forgotten. I love this time of year and have been touched by this fun and very thoughtful gift of the season. Though my elves will likely never read this, thank you for thinking of us! Now I am ready-bring on the music, bring on the programs, and bring on Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Christensen family said...

Becky I have not been to your blog in WAY toooo long! Your kids letters to Santa are darling! I love the 12 days of Christmas ideas. So I noticed you are reading a lot of fun books. Do you have a good mystery book? I need some good ideas for our book club.

Hope all is well!!!

Stefanie said...

That is freaking awesome! I don't care who you are!

Swidget 1.0 2