Monday, October 13, 2008

Wes: A man with a mission...and a blog.

Wes has a blog. It is listed on my sidebar. He was turning into quite a blogger...but now, he has not posted in like a week. This is the last thing he posted:

I just want to take this opportunity to point out an inconvenient truth. In the 5 1/2 years since I started medical school and have been living away from Utah we have made 2 visits across the country to Maryland and California in cities we had never been to before to see Mickey and Natalie (we don't even have a gps, unless Rochelle counts), 1 to see Eli and Trieste in Montana, 2 to see Tyson and Lindsey in Colorado, and multiple visits back to Utah for various reasons and to visit everyone there. I hate to report it, but aside from visits from G. G. and Great Grandpa, my parents and my little brothers and sisters (not Tyson), no one else has come to visit (Beckee's family has visited extensively, and are more than welcome to visit any time). This is an open invitation for Thanksgiving this year. Tyson at least has an excuse. Eli and Mickey have the least excuse of all, what good is being a dentist if you can't even visit your poor resident cousin in Nebraska? Cody and Bret, you have never been here. All of my cousins are on the hook, Adam, Sarah, Laura, Cassie and the rest of you. We have a queen-sized bed in an extra room as well as two extra toddler beds and a top-bunk. There are two other big living rooms that we could set up for families and kids. The first two families to invite themselves are invited. I have Wednesday through Sunday off the week of Thanksgiving so we could actually visit. We make crispy-skin Turkey....
Love, Wes

Two theories on why he no longer blogs: First, I am pretty sure that the lack of response to his open invitation has lowered his level of blogging interest...so I am reposting our invitation on our family blog...maybe it will remind our wonderful family of the open invitation...Come on down to the Heartland and visit Wes-lets get him blogging again...

Oh yeah-the second reason for Wes's lack of blogging might be that he had to go back to work...maybe...

6 comments:

Andrea Griggs said...

I think both theories may have something to do with it! :) We can't make it to Omaha this year, but if it doesn't work out to have people come to you and you can make it here, we'd all love to see you. Although, I'm sure you guys would love to have a holiday at home though. Anyway, we miss you guys. Thanks for the invitation, Beckee and Wes-I really am sorry we can't make it, I'll be 38.5 weeks for Thanksgiving. We are still hoping to be able to come visit you sometime in 2009 though-hopefully that's still okay and will work out. Love ya,

Andrea

Laura said...

Oh man, that would be so fun. We're going to Georgia though to bless Charlotte. Maybe we can come visit during spring break. We've been trying to figure out what to do for it.

I am Laura said...

My family has rarely visited us too. After the last trip back to Utah and paying over $1000 in plane tickets, I said I am never coming home again (we are now in the poorhouse) and then people started thinking they would come so I am happy that my sister is coming to visit. I just can't afford to go home anymore and I think if people love me enough they may come. I don't think anyone gets how much effort it takes to go home and then when I go it seems people don't take the time to take work off or try to be with us so it just isn't worth it anymore. Good for Wes in starting a blog. Sad that nobody responded.

Stefanie said...

What am I chopped liver, I really don't know why I don't count! tell that husband of yours to start writing and stop whining! Or better yet....
BUCK UP!!!!!!

punk!

Robin M. said...

Thanks so much for the invitation for Thanksgiving. I am sorry to say I have to work that day, plus the day after so we will not be able to make it. Perhaps another time?

Melanie said...

I'd go but I think mom and dad want me home at there house.......

Swidget 1.0 2