Thursday, October 23, 2008

Dang...

OK, so I read a funny little thing once. It was a list. You know one of those things like "You know you live in Utah if..." or "You know you have kids if..." Well, This one was "You know you are a cyber-nerd if..." I am not going to lie, I was kind-of surprised (ok not very surprised at all) to learn that I could check off almost all of the thing that make you a "cyber-nerd." Things like having a blog (that you actually update), checking your email multiple times a day, Being on multiple networking sites (MySpace, Facebook), and having more contact online with family and friends than offline (cut me some slack on this one I live far from most of my friends and all my family). It also had things like "You would rather order a pizza online than on the phone" (that is so me-I hate the phone.). Like I said, I could check all of these things off, but there was one major one that I did not have that made me feel I could still claim not to be a cyber-nerd. It said "You know you are a cyber nerd if you have more than 300 friends on Facebook." Fwww, I thought, I don't have even close to that many-I am SOOOO not a cyber-nerd!" I have been holding on to that for quite a while.

Now I have 312 friends on Facebook....

Dang!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

HaHA! Too funny!

Andrea Griggs said...

That's hilarious! Cyber-nerd!! :)

I hate the phone, too. If I can get something done without using the phone, I will.

I am Laura said...

I am too. I would much rather contact people through email, order a pizza online and all that. I however don't have that many friends on facebook -- people must not like me.

I wanted to have a girls get together so I emailed everyone and said call me if you need more info. I hate the phone. I also get annoyed when people say "Oh I haven't looked at my email in forever." What????? I have to look every few hours and nobody ever emails me anyway. I am totally with you cyper-nerd.

Sarah Coyne said...

From one cyber-nerd to another...welcome to the club!

Swidget 1.0 2