Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Still on Bed Rest

Just FYI. At my appointment on Monday, I was told I am on bed rest basically, but that I should be ok doing minimal activity like taking the kids to and from school, and stuff like that. But I am not supposed to lift Armour if I can avoid it, and I am basically supposed to take it easy as much as possible-as Wes says, basically, I am still on bed rest cause we need to put off labor for at least another 4 weeks. (I am 32 weeks along according to the original dates, and it's really a lot better if we get to 36 weeks at least). The doctor I saw yesterday is pretty convinced that my dates must be off, but we KNOW they are not off (based on earliest ultrasound and the fact that I KNOW for sure when my last period was). So, basically, this doctor thinks I am more like 34-35 weeks now and that I might be deliverable in 2 weeks after they check baby's estimated weight and size again via yet another ultrasound...But truly, that would only put me at about 34 weeks, and I think they would have to do an amnio to check lung development before they could safely deliver a baby in 2 weeks anyway. So, for now, we are just trying to really limit my activity by complying to the bed rest orders, and hold off labor for like 4 weeks!

My mom and brother are coming into town tomorrow to help through the weekend and then my aunt Kris is coming out the next week. We are so excited and grateful for the help as it will make it much easier for me to stay in bed and to avoid labor (plus we really like to see our family anyway!) it is Nice to have a mom with 5 sisters-lots of surrogate moms out there!!!

Thank you again for all the great help and support from my ward, my friends in playgroup, my friends at the kids' school & my family through all this! I am very overwhelmed by the kindness and thoughts of everyone!!!

1 comment:

Andrea Griggs said...

I'm glad people can fly out and help you, sorry I can't. I'm still praying for you though. Keep us updated, please.

Swidget 1.0 2