Friday, February 29, 2008

I root for 2 teams...

Yesterday afternoon, our little family decided to go for a little walk. As we passed Gonzaga, we heard the announcement from the baseball stadium that the Zags vs BYU game was about to begin. Being the massively impulsive people we are, Wes and I thought, "Great-let's take the kids to the game-it'll be fun." So, we walked to the stadium and bought tickets. The kids had a blast and Ender particularly loves watching for all the lefties. BYU's pitcher was a leftie as were quite a few batters. Ender is taking quite a bit of pride in his left-handedness now! However, having done this unplanned, we were also unprepared, and as it got to be dinner time about 3 1/2 innings in, the children all began to lose it...massively!!! SO, we had to leave and walk the mile back to the car. It was crazy.

The cool thing was that Wes got a homerun ball and the kids (yes, I include Wes in that in this context) we so excited to have gotten it!!! Also, the whole experience made me think of my dad as we found ourselves rooting more for Gonzaga (BYU had a really crappy game), so I thought, "Well, my whole life I have worked off the philosophy of my dad's shirt that reads 'I root for 2 teams-Utah and whoever plays BYU', I guess this is no exception!" :)

The kids and the fed up dad as the total meltdown of the children began...
The baseball field/game going on...
Final Score 19-12 for the Zags.

2 comments:

Andrea Griggs said...

Nice-that's awesome you could go to a BYU game. Sorry you had to leave early! Someday Ender will make millions as a left handed pitcher in MLB!

Andrea Griggs said...

BTW-I love that you referenced Dad's shirt-I can still picture it clearly in my mind. What a great shirt!

Swidget 1.0 2