Monday, August 20, 2007

Hello again

If you are a dedicated fan of this blog, you may be wondering what has happened to me. I didn't forget my blog or my loyal fans (yeah like anyone reads this but me...), I just went on vacation!! Which by the way was awesome! Now that Wes is a really working grown-up, somehow vacation is even more exciting for me. I have a lot to say about this vacation, and will post some pics and everything, but I just want to give a very un-detailed overview of the vacation here. So, Friday the 10th was Wes's last day of work. We had planned to go to Seattle for the weekend, then on to Northern California to see his cousin Mickey and his family (Natalie, his wife. Little Mickey, Matt, and Gabbie, his kids). The Seattle part didn't work out as we started trying to plan and had trouble even pricelining a hotel there for cheap enough, and all the activities I wanted to do there were expensive, and basically we decided we didn't have the budget to do that and started planning our travel from there. For anyone that doesn't know, I NEVER pay full price for hotels. I am the queen of priceline (ok-maybe the princess as I am sure my mom is the queen). And Wes and I together are almost as cheap as Jeremy is (I know it doesn't seem possible for anyone to be that cheap, but it's true). So, we knew we were going to stop somewhere on the way to Cali for a night or 2, so we started to try finding hotels we could stay at along the way. No where on the way even really had hotels available (what the heck was going on in central Oregon last weekend, seriously?!). So, our trip began to form based around mapquest and priceline. We would find a place a bit off course on mapquest and then try to priceline a room within budget at that place. We did this for a long time and ended up getting a room in Portland for Sunday and Monday nights.

Well, so much for un-detailed overview, right?! Anyway, after the plans were decided, this was the final plan: Sunday morning (the 12th) drive to Portland. Stay there Sunday and Monday nights, Then Tuesday, drive to Vacaville to see Mickey & Natalie (and kids of course). Stay at Mickey and Natalie's house until Saturday morning, then spend Saturday (and Sunday if necessary) driving home, so Wes could be back at work on Monday to start his first fairly bad (time wise) rotation. That was our plan...It all went sort of accordingly....feel free to read the other parts of the story as I post them!

1 comment:

Andrea Griggs said...

I was wondering where you went. . . I've been checking your blog almost daily to see what you've posted. . . I've missed my daily dose of Beckee!

Swidget 1.0 2