Friday, August 24, 2007

Daily Dose of Us, August 2007

August 1: Happy 16th Birthday Eleora! A constant noise in my house is Hannah Montana songs (I am thinking our kids might get her CD at some point). I think it is so funny though because when anyone makes a mistake, typically I say, "That's OK, Nobody's perfect." Now however, if I say that, I am met by 2 kids singing "Nobody's perfect, I gotta work it..." Interesting.
August 2: Happy Birthday XiaXia!! Since it is XiaXia's birthday... (BTW-XiaXia means "grandma" in Greek) Whenever I think of Xiaxia, I cannot help but remember her racing past me into the kitchen when Andrea started the fire trying to cook that one night...Who knew she could move so quickly!
August 3: Tonight Wes is on call overnight. We thought we would only get to see him for a few minutes between when he got off (about 5) and when he had to report to the ER (5:30). (We are allowed to go eat with him at the hospital on call nights) But he actually got off early (like 1) so when we got home from playing at the park with some other resident wives and kids, he was home too. It was a nuce surprise to get to hang out!
August 4: I love Diet Mountain Dew Code Red-why oh why must it be so expensive?! I want some now, but alas, we have none...oh well...
August 5: Tonight Wes told our kids that he was going to tell him the secret to a happy and healthy life. Here it is (I know I will misquote it a bit, but basically this is his advice): "Learn everything you can while you are young-everything you can about the church and about the world. Then keep learning more and more while you grow up."
August 24: Man, one tiny little vacation and look what happens to this! Well, my thought today is...well, I don't have much of a thought. So, I'll just tell you what Ender told me earlier today. "Kids really do like to Boogie too!"

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 2