Saturday, July 14, 2007

A Sol Story

So, yesterday morning at about 6:30 AM Wes walked downstairs to find Solace on the couch watching Disney channel. She often awakens early and watched Disney channel, but usually she checks in with us in our bedroom before heading down to the TV. However, we have become unnecessary in this morning routine as she now knows how to use the remote (don't worry-EVERYTHING is blocked with our child lock-my sister Mel couldn't even watch Boy Meets World when she was visiting...), and she knows what channel is Disney.

So, yesterday, she did not think we were necessary to talk to before hitting the couch. So, when Wes came down, she was sitting on the couch with a bag of tomatoes, an almost fully eaten cucumber, and a bag of corn chips. She had gotten herself a big breakfast. I was unaware of any of this as it all happened well before I woke up.

At about 7:30, I came down and saw Solace on the couch with an entire pound of strawberry stems only (the pound had been full when we went to bed). She asked me for a "jungle waffle" (they are actually pancakes, but my kids call them waffles). I made one for her and thought, "wow she was hungry-big breakfast" Imagine my shock when Wes came home and told me his part of the story...

Our Solace, the independent 4-year-old...What a fun kid!!

1 comment:

Grandma said...

What a healthy child Solly must be if she likes all those veggies and fruit. I think you should keep her!
Please tell her I love her!!!!!

Swidget 1.0 2