Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Now taking recommendations

Hello you beautiful readers...(am I layin it on too thick?)

I need some help...I am currently applying for a job through our local newspaper where I would blog on their new moms website, serve as an advisor representing Omaha moms, and make public appearances to promote the new mom website and focus. Could there be a better job for me?

Here's where I need some advice...I have to send them 2 blogs I have written. Obviously I need to show that I am an interesting blogger that other people would want to read. So, I figured since you are my current readers, maybe you might remember a blog I have written that you found particularly funny or interesting? One that might be a good submission for this job application. Please comment with recommendations for me. I have a hard time judging my own writing...This can be any blog as far back as they go-if you remember one, but cannot remember when I wrote it or exactly what it was titled or anything, just send what you remember.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and your help...

5 comments:

Andrea Griggs said...

Beckee-

I think that job sounds awesome and you sound perfect for it! I just wanted to let you know that I am going to think about this today and get back to you tonight after my kids are in bed. Thanks and good luck!!

Andrea

Merrilyn said...

Good luck with the job! I sounds great for you. I wish I had a better idea for which post to recommend but I am sure any of them will be great.

Andrea Griggs said...

Beckee-ok, I've looked through your recent blog posts and thought about your blog posts and came up with a few recommendations. One thing that I really like that is not actually a post of yours, but I think is fun is your sidebar with word definitions according to your kids-I love that!! The posts I thought of are:

Barack Obama-how Armour loves him and how excited he was to see a life size version of him at the museum
Ham-you never understood why people liked ham sandwiches until you tried that really good ham from your deli
Rich Uncle-that's a great story.
All before 8:00 AM-I honestly cant' remember all the things you did before 8:00 in the morning, but I remember I was totally impressed and also thought to myself, I've had mornings like that, I think most moms have.
Locks of Love-when Solace wanted to cut her hair and donate it to locks of love.
Dinner with a twist-great Mommy story there, a lot of work to make a fun dinner for your hubby and kids!

Good luck, let me know how it goes!! Love ya,

Andrea

Megan said...

My favorite, sorry, is where you talk about your roof and deck problems.

Sarah Coyne said...

Sounds like a perfect job! one of my favorites is the one where you talked about your kids and church. I think you had a CRAZY day where everything went wrong, but you just wrote about it a really amusing way that I think a lot of moms could relate to! Good luck!!!

Swidget 1.0 2